Monica Jackman D.A.C. MIACP
I am an accredited member of the IACP (Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and have over 20 years of experience in counselling. I work with both private individuals and Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs).
Qualifications and Training
- 1992 NCEA Certificate in Psychology I
- 1993 NCEA Certificate in Psychology II
- 1998 Diploma in Adlerian Counselling
- ASIST Suicide Prevention Training
- STORM Self-Harm Awareness Training
- Critical Incident Stress Management Training
- Family Therapy Training
As part of my continuing professional development I attend many workshops, lectures and training sessions to continually develop myself personally and professionally to offer you the best standard of service available.
St. Brigid's Family & Community Centre, Waterford 1991-1997 : Student Counsellor/Resource & Referral
I have been running a private counselling practice in Waterford since 1998.
- Accredited member of the Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) since 2004
- Associate member of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association since 2004
- Member of the Adlerian Network of Ireland (ANI) since 1995
I have trained with Bodywhys, Victim Support, The Diabetes Federation of Ireland, IACP, ANI, EAPA, HSE and many other organisations.
I have given presentations on behalf of an EAP to schools. I have had articles on counselling and therapy published in the IACP journal and the ANI newsletter.