Monica Jackman DAC MIACP
When I was young my friends often told me that I was a good listener and confided in me with their thoughts, worries and just general life stories. I didn't appreciate the significance of it at the time as in my youthful optimism I assumed that everyone was a good listener, there for family and friends. As I got older I realised that being listened to an acknowledged for who you are is a very powerful and enpowering thing, something that is not easily available to some people. This sparked my interest in human psychology and neuroscience (the study of the brain and nervous system), and helps me to work with my counselling and coaching clients to effect positive changes in their lives.
I am an accredited member of the IACP (Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and have over 25 years of experience in counselling. I work with both private individuals and Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs).
Qualifications and Training
- 2021 QQI Level 6 Professional Coaching Practice and Ethics
- 2021 Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience
- 1998 Diploma in Adlerian Counselling
- 1993 NCEA Certificate in Psychology II
- 1992 NCEA Certificate in Psychology I
- ASIST Suicide Prevention Training
- STORM Self-Harm Awareness Training
- Critical Incident Stress Management Training
- Family Therapy Training
As part of my continuing professional development I attend many workshops, lectures and training sessions to continually develop myself personally and professionally to offer you the best standard of service available.
St. Brigid's Family & Community Centre, Waterford 1991-1997 : Student Counsellor/Resource & Referral
I have been running a private counselling practice in Waterford since 1998.
- Accredited Coach with WACN (World Association of Coaching with Neuroscience)
- Accredited member of the Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) since 2004
- Associate member of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association since 2004
- Member of the Adlerian Network of Ireland (ANI) since 1995
I have trained with Bodywhys, Victim Support, The Diabetes Federation of Ireland, IACP, ANI, EAPA, HSE and many other organisations.
I have given presentations on behalf of an EAP to schools. I have had articles on counselling and therapy published in the IACP journal and the ANI newsletter.